Speedy Jim

Default shower vs tub

Jason Young wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:25:17 -0400, Speedy Jim wrote:

Technically, the shower should be 2" and the tub 1 1/2". As a practical
matter, it won't matter but you'll have to adapt for the different
sizes. Of course, you'll have to watch the elevation of the trap(s).

The plumbing is in a slab foundation, so I can't change the pipe sizes. Do
you think it will be hard to get a permit to do this?

And pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by watching the elevation of
the traps?

You'd have to ask your inspector whether he'll accept the sizes.
What I meant by the height is, for example, will the old tub trap be
too high to set the shower base. Remember that you will have a
1 1/2" X 2" increaser fitting in between since the shower drain fitting
will be 2".

Jim