Gary Slusser

Default A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water

"Gary Coffman" wrote
"Gary Slusser" wrote:
"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:06:19 GMT, "Gary Slusser"

wrote:
What does that gain the home owner really? Seriously, I'd like to

hear
the rational behind the suggestion.

The major reason to do as Phil suggests is to get independent

advice
from
someone who doesn't have a vested economic interest in selling you

particular
kinds of equipment or services. The PHIs also generally have a good

local
perspective on who *is* a reliable dealer or service person in

their
area.

A secondary reason is since you're paying these public health guys'

salaries
through your taxes anyway, you might as well get some benefit from

it.

Gary

The fact is that the Phils amongst us have vested economic interests

in
their agency or department's continuation.

Which means that they have a strong incentive to do the best job they
can for the public, and give the best available advice to those who

ask
for help. They have no profit motive which would tend to lead them to
try to sell the consumer things he doesn't need, or which show the

best
profit margin for the dealer.

Oh really.

Phil said he hadn't heard of iron causing yellow water after the OP said
he had an iron bleedthru of his equipment and I suggested the cause of
the yellow water may be iron. I did a search at google and found a
number of sites saying some people mistakenly believe tannins are the
problem when they have yellow water which also relates to iron. And I
didn't see anyone saying or implying it couldn't be iron.

You, and other dealers, on the other hand, have a large pecuniary
interest in maximizing your profits. Thus I suppose it isn't strange
that you'd have such strong objections to consumers consulting
an independent expert with no such pecuniary interests.

Gary

And how is it that you know or believe that is true about me? If you
knew more about me you'd know exactly the opposite is true. But do a
google Groups search for me and (+) my company name and see if you still
think you're right. So far I've donated 6+ years of helping the public
understand water quality problems and their solutions and yes, the last
year I've made some sales. BTW, they are all based on the lowest prices
the person can find anywhere for the same products.

Gary
Quality Water Associates