Bob G.

Default Cordless Drill: Dual Speed range?

Agree with this. You can go bigger, heavier, more powerful, but it is not
needed by most homeowners and DIY guys. If I was punching holes in 2 x 4's
all day, you can bet that I'd have an 18v or 24v Bosch, PC or Milwaukee.
Most times I'm drilling a half dozen holes or driving a dozen screws and
don't touch the tool for a few days. I'm very happy with the 14.4 Ryobi.
Good power to weight ratio.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

I HATE (not really) Ryobi tools...BUT I would recommend that the original poster grab a 14 v Ryobi for household use... I own a couple of Milwaukee Cordless drills that I swear by...and a Dewalt that is just fine...BUT these are stored in my wood shop...

The drill I keep in the kitchen for quick fixes is in fact a 14 v Ryobi it is my no means a robust tool..but for occasional use it is a heck of a buy...
The repair issue is NOT important...."cheap" firestorm (and Ryobi) tools are disposable.... when you pay a few hundred dollars for a drill then you may think about the repair issue...otherwise it is faster,cheaper, and much easier just to do a 2 handed set shot from 3 point range into the trash can...then hop in the car and buy a new drill

Bob Griffiths