Bill Vajk

Default Septic Stink Solved!

Lou Scannon wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:32:33 GMT, Bill Vajk
wrote:

google "methane digester" 9790 hits

I don't know if anyone is manufacturing them, they're
plenty easy to build.

Good ol' google to the rescue. I'm still digging through all of the
hits. So far, it looks like these units are geared towards large dairy
concerns or land fill uses. I'm more interested in something that
would work on a smaller (ie; home) scale.
Thanks for the help

I first ran across the idea in National Geographic
some years back. The units they built were concrete
and small, single family sized. Perhaps your local
public library can help you find the information
which, in the usual Natl Geo fashion, had lots
of pictures. I'll bet the sponsoring organization
could provide you with complete plans once you can
find their name which is likely mentioned in the
Natl Geo article. I do recall they were built in
place using concrete. I recall a short hose to
a small gas burner used for cooking.

Best of luck!