mark Ransley

Default Cordless Drill: Dual Speed range?

mike , you were sold on firestorm B&D so I did not want to bother
you, about better products,
there are different battery cells associated with drills and other
products, sub C are in firestorm ,, C in most else. SubC have
nearly same voltage but less amp and quick dropoff, whereas someone
stated 9.6 can = 12
its true, top manufacturers dont bs on ratings but some smaller ones
do by using sub C cells. You dont know till you do a side by side
test... I have a old and new 9.6 makita,,, and they work like most 12v
stuff.... point is ,,, the sum of ones parts are more important,
Horse Power or Volts dont equate to torque , or longlife , quality
gearing and mnfg does, you would be suprised how many drills have
plastic gears, and how few have metal,,, talk about reliability,
its a whole new game,,,basicly ,,, to make it simple for you, you get
what you pay for