Edwin Pawlowski

Default Cordless Drill: Dual Speed range?

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message

I happen to like Ryobi's performance/price ratio. I'd recommend the 14.4V
Ryobi -- it will give you much more torque but still perform reliably, at
least for homeowner use.

and it doesn't always make sense to pay 2-3X or more for a
contractor grade tool when I'm not a contractor.

-Tim

Agree with this. You can go bigger, heavier, more powerful, but it is not
needed by most homeowners and DIY guys. If I was punching holes in 2 x 4's
all day, you can bet that I'd have an 18v or 24v Bosch, PC or Milwaukee.
Most times I'm drilling a half dozen holes or driving a dozen screws and
don't touch the tool for a few days. I'm very happy with the 14.4 Ryobi.
Good power to weight ratio.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome