Jack Gavin

Default Can you derive a 110 volt outlet from a 4 wire 220 volt in the US?

D. Stoner wrote:
(Steven Kingsley) wrote in
om:

That's a good question. My range outlet, starting at the top, as one
vertical prong, two vertical prongs side by side in the center, and a
round ground prong on the bottom.

It's difficult to tell from the adapter photo if it would be match,
but there's nothing in the photos that makes me think it wouldn't.

The plug is as you describe - 1 vertical prong at the top, 2 side by
side at the center, and a round ground prong at the bottom. The
receptacle for the 110v plug is a standard 3 prong plug.

You may refer to a NEMA chart of plug and receptical configurations at
http://www.leviton.com/sections/techsupp/nema.htm .

Note that the sizes are not consistent, nor are they indicated. For
instance, the overall diameter of an 18-20R is much greater than that of a
5-20R.

--
Jack Gavin