Phöènix

Default Roofing - non slip footwear?

Danny Burns wrote:
In message ,
Phöènix writes
Danny Burns wrote:
In message ,
Phöènix writes
Any recommendations for an inexpensive way to give shoes/trainers
better grip/non-slip on slate roofs.

Yes, Hire a roof ladder.

Your suggesting I attach roof ladders to each of my trainers?

No I'm suggesting you put your trainers on a roof ladder to give to a
better grip on the roof.

If you have nothing to say, SAY NOTHING!

Your post does not contribute. The roof ladder aspect has already
been mentioned and clearly, from previous posts, is not what was
asked.

If you don't want to hear a reply DON'T ASK.
There has been no mention of a roof ladder in this thread.

[quote]
Correct footwear is best worn when you're climbing on proper roof ladders
and frames. Your shoes should not to be relied upon when the roof itself is
slippery, wet or covered in moss.

Some roofs are not meant to be walked on, and some are far to steep to allow
you to walk on the slope. So you're so much safer to rely on a proper roof
ladder than just your footwear.
[end quote]

My question is simple, as plainly are you.

I do not see a reason to list the equipment in use nor the specifics
on the job in hand when asking a simple question.

Just to humour you (it shouldn't take much) I do have roofladders
and use them. They are not appropriate to cover every foot of every
roof. Sometimes it is necessary and safer to step away from ladders
rather than move them. Having done this many times I wondered
whether anyone on this forum had come across a product that would
increase confidence in the grip my footwear gives me when I have a
foot or both off the ladders.

Why bother asking then, you obviously know everything.

Cognitive reasoning is not your stong point is it.

Like I said why not read a question and answer that if you are going to
bother replying at all.

Now I can see you are the type to erect scaffolding to clean windows
so perhaps you might realise your comments are inappropriate for
many people who apply a certain measure of common sense to their
safety precautions.

I'd like to know how you come to that conclusion from my simple
suggestion. If your not confident on a roof you shouldn't be on it,
there is no magic solution just basic common sense measures.

If you thought that then why make such an inane reply.