Phöènix

Default Roofing - non slip footwear?

Gavin Gillespie wrote:
"Phöènix" mindyouownbusiness wrote in message
Danny Burns wrote:
In message ,
Phöènix writes
Any recommendations for an inexpensive way to give shoes/trainers
better grip/non-slip on slate roofs.

Yes, Hire a roof ladder.

Your suggesting I attach roof ladders to each of my trainers?

If you have nothing to say, SAY NOTHING!

Your post does not contribute. The roof ladder aspect has already
been mentioned and clearly, from previous posts, is not what was
asked.

My question is simple, as plainly are you.

I do not see a reason to list the equipment in use nor the specifics
on the job in hand when asking a simple question.

Just to humour you (it shouldn't take much) I do have roofladders
and use them. They are not appropriate to cover every foot of every
roof. Sometimes it is necessary and safer to step away from ladders
rather than move them. Having done this many times I wondered
whether anyone on this forum had come across a product that would
increase confidence in the grip my footwear gives me when I have a
foot or both off the ladders.

Now I can see you are the type to erect scaffolding to clean windows
so perhaps you might realise your comments are inappropriate for
many people who apply a certain measure of common sense to their
safety precautions.

So if someone suggested something that might be suitable, and which
you used, but later, possibly caused you to fall from a roof, and
cripple yourself, you would not be bitter about the suggestion?

This is usenet. I would not use a suggestion for which there was no support.

Were you thinking I may smear honey on my shoes if some **** suggeted it?

Perhaps you have received no replies, because people are not prepared
to risk being sued, by giving you information which could land them
with a hefty compensation bill, if anything did happen to you.

You do know what usenet is don't you? You should stand back and turn off
your computer before you harm yourself or spend a lot of money on a 9 inch
penis kit.

Sheesh kids!