ameijers

Default Can you derive a 110 volt outlet from a 4 wire 220 volt in theUS?

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:06:25 -0400, meirman
wrote:

1) A lady's phone was grimy so she ran it through the dishwasher
with a load of dirty dishes! Afterwards it didn't work and put

This is a badddd idea. LOL. But if you put the cords in the
dishwasher, they come out great! (I don't use hot air to dry. I just
use time.)

Actually, it may work if you dry the phone in your oven, pre-heated to
170 degrees (turned off after pre-heat), overnight.

Heh. No need to get the working parts wet. I used to 'rebuild' Real Phones
(you know, the kind that lasted 40+ years and weighed about six pounds) by
pulling off shell, dial/TTpad cover, field stripping handset cover, etc, and
washing all the pretty parts with dish soap. Set on sunny window overnight
to dry, and reassemble. Never tried washing cords, though, other than with
windex and a soggy rag.

aem sends...