Mike Columbo

Default storage problem

"Tom" wrote in message
news
I've got a storage problem. My roof is a hip style and is only about 3.5'
high at the ridge. And of course all the ducts and pipework run along the
ridges. So there is really no room anywhere for attic storage. Now, my
garage is attached to the house but not air-conditioned - no duct along

the
ridge or anywhere. I thought I would install a pull down ladder and use

what
little space I could for storage. Then it hit me. Why not tear out all of
the ceiling and leave the garage unfinished? Just throw a few pieces of
plywood up on the joists and use that for storage, as well as hang stuff
from them. Sounds like a good idea to me but I'm concerned I might be
overlooking something. And also, is there any problem with leaving that
portion exposed as far as the rest of the house goes? If you can picture

it,
there would be a large obtuse triangle of attic space exposed to the

garage.
(like the roof sides in Lincoln Logs)

TAI for any ideas

Tom

If you park your car in the garage
DO NOT leave the garage unfinished.
this would be a FIRE HAZARD.
make sure any wall ,ceiling or roof that adjoins the garage is fire
protected.

M.C.
somewhere in Ca.