Joe

Default Lawnboy model 5277 No Spark

I had the same problem. I replaced the solid state module and everything was
fine. Maybe your dealer gave you a bad one.

"Francine" wrote in message
om...
Hi there I have an old Lawnboy that will not start. I have checked to
see if I have spark and there is none. I replaced the plug and still
no spark. I took off the flywheel to see if there are any points or
condensers but there are none and according to my local dealer this is
solid state. I tried replacing the ignition coil/module with a new one
but still nothing. I gave the dealer the s/n# and they gave me an
exploded diagram of all the parts and it doesn't show anything else
that I can see that would cause a no spark. It says that it is Engine
Group-F100 Models: 5277. Unless I got a defective coil what else
could this be?

Any help is appreciated.