Dave Harnish

Default Pilot vs. Pilotless Gas Ranges

James,

I can't find the breakdown we had when this 1st became an issue,
but the way it was then was: in 10 years, you'd save enough that 3
pilots would've cost to pay for the replacement of the oven ignitor.

I'm sure the pricing has changed since then, but I can tell you that,
for whatever reason, ignitors and oven valves are no longer lasting
10 years like they used to!

As another poster has said, it's tough to find piloted ranges with any
options at all. About all I'd suggest is staying away from the GE's
right now, but most gas ranges are 'less than thrilling', even the $3600+
'dual-fuels'.

Thought you might want yet another person's $.02... grin

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA

Our Free Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter:
?subject=SubscribeDRSN

Acts 4:12

"JNJ" wrote in message
I already know all the plusses and minuses in this debate, but what I do

not
know are the numbers.

How much gas is saved by going from a typical pilot based range to a
pilotless unit? Does anyone have a pilot by pilot breakdown of the

savings?

James