Charlie Spitzer

Default ceramic tile install question

"FireBrick" wrote in message
Ok, prep is all done and now it's time for tiling.

Using a thinset and have the acrylic liquid they suggested.
how soft do I mix the mortar?
Like soft peanut butter?

like a stiff cake batter. if you drag your notched trowel through the
thinset, the notches shouldn't collapse. read the back of the thinset bag.
it'll give you this information, and info on slaking too.

I mixed tons of brick mortar and never counted, did it by eye.
But not sure or the proper consistency for tile.
The tile is going on concrete block on 2 walls, other 2 are backerboard.

And should I wet the back of the tile with a sponge prior to setting on

the
ceiling and walls???

no.

Please and thank you.