Mark or Sue

Default Grounding Rod Info

"Mark Wilson" wrote in message

What you say makes sense, but the cable makes it to the Service Disconnect
within 3 feet of entering the building, and the panelboard is right next

it. I'm pretty sure the "electrician" (and I use that term lightly.. he

he)
just didn't want to mess with shutting power off at the meter or having to
call the Power Co. Plus, he wouldn't have to rewire as much.

Because the panelboard also has it's own 100A breaker (which has never

been
thrown) I'm even more likely to believe things are okay for now.

With what you've said now, your panels are OK. Both are service rated
panels, and you have two disconnects. One of those disconnects is not really
needed and could be removed. Or, perhaps replace it with a 100A transfer
switch if you've thought about generator power...

--
Mark
Kent, WA