Art Begun

Default caulking for siding

They make a insulation roll foam to back up caulk. Comes in 3
diameters that I know of. You fill gap with that first and then
caulk. Think it is called backup rod or something like that. Just a
dense foam spagetti like material available in hardware stores.

"Sluggo" wrote in message
. ..
Hi there,

I was about to caulk the new hardi siding on my garage (horizontal

lap
boards). Since the bottom part of each board kicks out from the

lap, there
is quite a bit of space to fill with caulk for each seam. Do I keep

filling
these gaps with oodles of caulk? This seems like it will be a very

slow and
tedious job... Any tips on how to caulk lap siding?

thanks