Posted to alt.home.repair
Algeria Horan[_2_] Algeria Horan[_2_] is offline

Default Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:11:13 -0500, Gary wrote:

Guess what? The halogen ones don't last any longer than the old ones.
My electric bill is still the same so no savings there.

I think we just swapped one problem for another.

The weak link in the incandescent bulbs was the energy used, and the fact
the filament burned out rather quickly.

The weak link in the fluorescent curlies was that the light energy output
stunk by way of comparison, and they were far more expensive than what they
were replacing, and that they only lasted a little longer than the break
even point.

I think the weak link in the LED bulbs is that the LED output decreases over
time rather startlingly soon, and that the electronic part is prone to
sudden failure, such that the life of the LED bulbs is effectively far
shorter than some people are imagining.

I need to look that stuff up though, because the first two are based only on
experience, while the last is mere conjecture on my part.