volts500

Default Grounding Rod Info

"Mark Wilson" wrote in message

Volts: It appears that the metal housing of the water meter negates the
need to jumper it. In this case, I think it would be better to simply
attach the grounding clamp as near as possible to the point at which the
pipe enters the home. Agreed? (See image)
http://www.geocities.com/mydeadpresidents/index.html

Now we're getting into the what if's and why for's (Although you seem to be
grasping the concepts, I'm trying to avoid all of that to keep
misunderstandings to a minimum.) Best to jumper the meter and be done with
it.......$2 part, 5 min. work, tops. Don't forget to jumper the hot water
to the cold water at the water meter.

As for outgoing circuits, what kind of trouble can be caused by having a

mix
of neutrals and grounds on each bus? I'm gonna fix it no matter what, but
it won't be the first thing I do.

Can cause all sorts of nasty problems. I think Mark covered that and the
rest of it pretty well.