Gary Coffman

Default A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:20:43 GMT, "Peter Martin" wrote:
I've thought about having a deep well dug. Unfortunately, several of the
deep wells dug in the area by my neighbours have produced water containing
high levels of arsenic. There's no measurable arsenic in the shallow well
that I currently have. While a new, deep well might not contain arsenic, it
would still be a gamble.

Drilling a well is always a gamble. But you can be pretty sure you won't have
large amounts of tannin/lignin in a deep well. Arsenic is treatable, and a little
even makes your coat shiney. :-)

Gary