Gary Slusser

Default A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water

"Peter Martin" wrote
I very much appreciate your comments.

I've thought about having a deep well dug. Unfortunately, several of

the
deep wells dug in the area by my neighbours have produced water

containing
high levels of arsenic. There's no measurable arsenic in the shallow

well
that I currently have. While a new, deep well might not contain

arsenic, it
would still be a gamble.

--
TO REPLY REMOVE THE WORDS "SPAMFREE" FROM THE RETURN ADDRESS
"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Peter Martin"

wrote:
I'm tired of spending money on solutions that don't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well, first I'd say that you have to realize that the drinking water

guidelines
are just a measure of whether the water is safe for human

consumption.
They
don't mean you'll have clean, clear, mineral free water. Frankly,

all
throughout
reading your tale of woe, the words "deep bored well" kept drifting

through my
mind.

I'm not too keen on shallow wells. The water doesn't receive enough

natural
filtration to suit me. Deep water usually (not always) means clean

water.
My
water here comes from a 180 foot bored well. The water is clean,

clear,
and
cold. There is also a shallow dug well on the property, and while it

never
lacks
for water, the water is, well the best word is "icky". I wouldn't

drink it
even though
the health department says it is safe.

Gary

While I rarely suggest a new well.... if you drilled one and got rid of
the problems with the present very shallow well, you could treat the
arsenic very affordably and easily and have a much easier time than you
are currently. Some folks believe that 'city' water doesn't have the
same type of problems, or that 'city' water isn't treated for various
health related parameters, not true. Most water companies in the US are
now using some wells as their water sources.

Gary
Quality Water Associates