Peter Martin

Default A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water

I very much appreciate your comments.

I've thought about having a deep well dug. Unfortunately, several of the
deep wells dug in the area by my neighbours have produced water containing
high levels of arsenic. There's no measurable arsenic in the shallow well
that I currently have. While a new, deep well might not contain arsenic, it
would still be a gamble.

--
TO REPLY REMOVE THE WORDS "SPAMFREE" FROM THE RETURN ADDRESS
"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Peter Martin"

wrote:
I'm tired of spending money on solutions that don't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well, first I'd say that you have to realize that the drinking water

guidelines
are just a measure of whether the water is safe for human consumption.

They
don't mean you'll have clean, clear, mineral free water. Frankly, all

throughout
reading your tale of woe, the words "deep bored well" kept drifting

through my
mind.

I'm not too keen on shallow wells. The water doesn't receive enough

natural
filtration to suit me. Deep water usually (not always) means clean water.

My
water here comes from a 180 foot bored well. The water is clean, clear,

and
cold. There is also a shallow dug well on the property, and while it never

lacks
for water, the water is, well the best word is "icky". I wouldn't drink it

even though
the health department says it is safe.

Gary