Tom J

Default Removing a Gas Line?

"P.E." wrote in message
m...
OK Gas Line experts. This is part of a continuing project on my house.
I recently removed the fireplace in my house and now have a gas line
to deal with . Since this wont be used again,putting in a
entertainment center, what do I do with the gas pipe? There is a valve
at the wall that was used to shut off the fire, but is there some
building code that states that this entire line will need to be
removed from the wall?

Pipes are stubbed in all the time for future use, so there is no problem
leaving the pipe. There is a problem leaving the valve though. Turn off the
gas, remove the valve, and then cap the end of the pipe using pipe dope on the
pipe threads that is especially made for gas lines. The pipe end cap you'll
need will most likely be 3/8 or 1/2. These are inside pipe dia.

Tom J