CBHvac

Default Removing a Gas Line?

Its going to depend on your local inpectors.

Here, you need to find the location that the pipe leaves the main branch,
cap it off, and remove the line that is now dead, or cap both ends.

"P.E." wrote in message
m...
OK Gas Line experts. This is part of a continuing project on my house.
I recently removed the fireplace in my house and now have a gas line
to deal with . Since this wont be used again,putting in a
entertainment center, what do I do with the gas pipe? There is a valve
at the wall that was used to shut off the fire, but is there some
building code that states that this entire line will need to be
removed from the wall? As far as I can tell, this line comes from my
furnace/AC condenser in the attic. Unfortunately , there is no shut
off valve there that could shut off the supply down through the wall.
Will a gas line tech need to either:
A: Completely remove the unnecessary pipe?
or
B: Simply add a shutoff valve just past the furnace that would stop
the supply down to the fireplace area?

Im down here in Texas if that makes a difference to building code..

Thanks.