limey

Default Garage floor

"Tom J" wrote in message

"limey" wrote in message

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
You used the wrong kind of paint or more likely you did not prep

the
job
well enough to start with. The fix is to do it right. Done right

the
paint will not come off.

But - but - but it's already down and peeling, so it's very hard to

do
right when it's already been done wrong. Mine was etched and painted

in
1966 and is still solid, but I did have one of those commercial

sprayed
on
vinyl chip surfaces that were very popular at the time. Cost 5 times
regular paint, but has well paid for it's self.

Tom J

Well, it looks as though I can blame the builder, who went ahead and

painted
it "for a favor". Which leads me back to my original question: can I

put
down sheet vinyl? If so, can it be glued down? Thanks for any reply.

You can put the vinyl floor covering down OK. 1st you need to scrape up

all
the loose paint. The floor may need leveling where the paint came up, or

at
lease the edges of the spots where the loose paint was removed sanded to
"feather" those spots so these spots won't show through the vinyl after
laying. The most critical part is getting the correct mastic for setting
the vinyl to the floor. Make sure it is for cement with ground contact

and
for the brand vinyl you will be using. Good Luck!!

Tom J
who would have a flooring contractor do it!! ***

***sounds good to me! Many thanks, Tom.