CBHvac

Default Do you have a heat pump?

"William Coney" wrote in message

* Some people actually don't like the *method* a heat pump uses, a

different
consideration than cost. Heat pumps move higher volumes of lower

temperature
air and to some this is not comfortable.

Umm...how you figure this? Seriously...since we install more heatpumps

than
anything else now...due to the cheaper cost..to run...
I can show you were you would be seriously wrong on this blanket
statement...and where inspectors have gone around the home looking for

the
gas line...on a heat pump...

What part of the above are you considering a blanket statement? I said

"some
people."

I considered "larger volumes of air" a blanket statement, since anyone that
has installed one correctly knows that a heat pump and gas or oil furnace
are all governed under the same part of the International Building Code and
Manual D as far as the actual VOLUME of air moved...
Actual setup may vary, due to temp rise, TD and such, but if you take a
2000CFM furnace, and a 2000CFM heat pump....well...they move 2000CFM...
And what about heat pumps with gas backups? Does the volume of air suddenly
decrease? No..
thats all..not trying to flame, but making a correction to that statement...

In general, air coming out of a register from a heat pump is lower
temperature than other heating types.

In general, yes...but...ahhh..this is where the magic happens..
A properly sized and installed heat pump, will heat a home just as well, and
in some cases, as fast as a gas unit. Improperly sized gas units might heat
your home real fast, but thats not the idea...the idea is to maintain a
temp..not swing it wildly.

I'm talking about my experience with
my circa-1981 technology unit.

Todays heat pump isnt like that dino...really. Todays heat better, warmer,
and use less energy than ever...

Where are you located?

Central NC, but have installed in Iowa, Southern CA, Maryland, VA, and
Vermont...both gas and heat pumps...commercial and residential..

Regards.