Kevin O'

Default Aluminum vs Vinyl Siding

Hi James,

I'm under the impression that due to it's strength as an insulator, aluminum
has a tendency to create an "oven" effect when a fire brakes out within
walls covered in the material. Vinyl/wood on the other hand have lower
melting/burning points and allowed heat/fumes to escape to the atmosphere...

Did I get that wrong?

Kevin O'

"James Gifford" wrote in message
Kevin O' wrote:
Do houses still get sided in aluminum?? I thought it went away years ago

due
to cost and safety (i.e. - fire trap) problems... Vinyl is the only
non-wood siding I ever see on residential construction these days.

Why would aluminum siding be a fire trap, or any way more unsafe than
other materials?