MargieKay

Default Grounding Rod Info

"Mark Wilson" wrote in message
I recently had an electrician verify that I need a new grounding rod

but
before he does the work I wanted to get clear regarding the manner in

which
telephone, cable, roof mounted TV antenna, and water pipes should be
grounded to the main service ground.

The rod will be planted a few feet from the house just opposite the

inside
service panel.

Did the electrician say you need a NEW grounding rod or a SECOND grounding
rod? The reason that I am asking is that a local electrical inspector just
told me that the "new electrical code" now calls for TWO grounding rods to
be installed 6 feet apart -- instead of just one grounding rod. He said one
continuous #6 grounding wire would go from one rod to the next rod 6 feet
away (and looped around it) and then to the neutral block on the electric
panel box.

I know nothing about how all of this works and will probably just have an
electrician do it. But, when I saw your subject line, I figured I'd pass on
what I was just told in case it helps.