Tim Mitchell

Default Why does my fridge produce so much water?

In article , gaz
writes
A few months ago, we changed our fridge and freezer to a combined
fridge-freezer.
Apart from 'doing' the kitchen, one of the reasons for the change was the
large amount of water produced by the fridge. It was an L.G unit, and every
few weeks I had to empty the tray below the freezer compartment as it was
full of water. We are talking overflowing here, maybe a pint or so. I
passed it on to my mother as it was only around a year old.

Now the funny bit.

The new fridge freezer is also producing a lot of water now. Enough to
overflow the tray on the back designed to evaporate it. And..my mother has
had no problems with the L.G. fridge.

They were both reasonably level, not next to the cooker, not kept open
unduly, and do not (often) have warm things put in them. I notice there
seems to be condensation inside too.

Does anyone know what may be causing this please?

Yes, you have very moist air in your kitchen and your mother doesn't.
Maybe time to open a window when cooking or get an extractor hood.
--
Tim Mitchell