HvacTech2

Default Do you have a heat pump?

Hi David, hope you are having a nice day

On 04-Jul-03 At About 15:04:34, David wrote to All
Subject: Do you have a heat pump?

D From: "David"

D It may be guaranteed for 10 years, but be prepared to have a service
D man out at least 2 or 3 times a year because of it freezing up on
D the outside and needing gas.

if that is the case you need to call a different company to check it and
repair the leak.

D I hear the winters in Nebraska can be
D brutal. After the temperature gets below 15 to 20 degrees your
D heatpump will cease to function and you will be on straight electric
D heat. So, the cost of heat will be expensive no matter if you are
D on gas or electric. My heat pump frozeup mostly in the winter.
D We had to suffer till a service man could finally come out. I am
D very bitter about the subject of heatpumps. One thing I didn't like
D about the pump when it did infrequently work OK, was after heating
D up it would go into the defrost cycle (they all do that) and nothing
D but cool air would come out of the registers for a few minutes.

again, you had a problem as the heat strips should have kicked on to reheat
the air during defrost.

D D I now have a high efficiency Trane gas furnace and their A/C and
D I am very satisfied with it. One, no matter what kind of gas/a/c
D system one has will probably have a service call every 6 or 7 years
D but not near as frequent as a HPump. My 2 cents worth again.

here may be the problem. you should always have a yearly ( or twice a year
if you have A/C) maintenence done it can catch problems before they become
major

-= HvacTech2 =-

... No one is born knowing all about this stuff...

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail