tflfb

Default Do you have a heat pump?

So who offers the best warranty?

Your remarks regarding Tranes 30 yr old technology, do you have a link I
can go to to.......or can you back up your statement with facts.

What is COP?

My utility co offers a winter rate on electricity 2.98 cents per KW after
750 KW .
Now my normal KW useage is between 600-700 at a cost of first 100.... 6.98
cents, the 500 after that 5.98 cents per hundred

I don't know where you live but here in Ne, we use alot of coal and nuclear
( atomic energy) to generated electricity .
I supose that with the shortage of N/Gas thats going to occure, we will burn
alot of coal, as the neclear plant may be down for maintance.

Tom

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
I am buying a unit that is guaranteed for 10yrs parts and labor, Maytag.

LOL.....ok...

Service guys will love you...

You get what you pay for. Trane and Maytag offer the best warranty, with

out
a pay for extented warranty.

No..they dont...not even close to the best warranty..and with Trane, you
SURE dont get what you paid for..
Unless you like paying for 30 year old technology in a modern
package....sad, but true..

With a seer value of 13, if you have any insulation and decent windows

you
save 38% on your cooling bill.

LOL...ok...no..not always...Sounds good on paper thou..

My cooling cost here in Nebr, is about $300 per season, so I figured

I'de
save about $115.00 a yr.

Perhaps...has anyone actually ran the numbers, taking into consideration

the
COP and such?

Havent got my natural gas summary from the utility company as of yet to
figure natural gas cost and savings,natural gas is going to go thru the

roof
this winter, and stay that way for at least 43-5 yrs.

And...what do you think is burned to get you your electricity?

Just as food for thought..

Tom

"David" wrote in message
If I were you I wouldn't even think about getting a heat pump. They

are
nothing but a piece of s***! I junked mine after 3 1/2 years. I had a
Carrier and it nearly ran me into the poorhouse on repairs. I wrote

the
president of Carrier and they still would not make it good and replace

it.
They screwed me once and shame on them,- screw me twice then shame on

me.
Get a gas furnace (propane or natural) and you'll never be sorry! I
wouldn't have a heat pump installed, even if you gave it too me free.

And
that's the facts Jack!!

"Jeff Cochran" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:51:35 -0500, "tflfb"

wrote:

What part of the country do you live in?

SW Florida.

Are you saving any cooling and heating dollars?

What's "heating"?

Look, opinions from areas outside yours are likely useless. Get

three
or more quotes, check into the reputations of the companies and ask
your friends for recommendations. Things like SEER ratings, while
arguably even a decent unit of measure, really don't apply to

anything
outside your specific application. As long as each company has done
the proper analysis of your specific heating and cooling needs, you
should find similar recommendations among companies.

Jeff