Tom Pendergast

Default please explain this wiring - black, red, white, ground

On 04 Jul 2003, Trent© wrote:

On 30 Jun 2003 22:18:58 GMT, Tom Pendergast
wrote:

Sorry to reiterate, but this is the key:
...one of the first
things you need to learn about a common, single pole 120VAC switch
(in amy configuration) is that the neutral is NOT involved. You
switch (make or break contact) the hot side only!

You should NEVER assume this.

I told him to "assume' NOTHING.

Although rare, I've seen cases where the neutral has been switched.

Oh, well la-di-da. You've "seen" that, huh? You read about
it on a web site, I can tell from the generic, squeaky clean
"observations" that you offer, that's the extent of your
experience, isn't it?

I was telling him how a switch IS WIRED. Period. I made no
guarantee that the person before him wired it correctly, THAT
wasn't the issue AT HAND.

When in doubt, turn off the breaker...even the main if necessary.

I NEVER told him *NOT* *TO*, jerk.

Have a nice week...

I don't know what your problem is, but you can lose it, now.
Or be treated just like the other leg-humping clowns that
twist my words around to be something that wasn't said. If
that's what you want, you'll get it.

TP
If u are gonna say that I said something,
please say what I REALLY said. ($1 Earl)