Mark Ayliffe

Default wood laminate flooring

On or about Wed, 23 Jul 2003 at 15:31 GMT,
BigWallop illuminated us with:

"ginger_neil" wrote in message
I'm looking at this now also - although I will be laying on chipboard
underfloor.
I have chosent o go for QuickStep 800 (harvest Oak to be precise). If you
shop round on the net you get it for about £15m2 - it retails for about

£25
in places like allied carpets. There's reason why you cant use htis range
too - just make sure you lay a damp-proof membrane between the underlay

and
the concrete
http://www.aspenflooring.co.uk/shop/...nk_8002424.htm

I Concur with everything said above. I couldn't have put it better me'self
as they say. :-))

I've laid a floor of that make & model (Oak, long plank, but a different
pattern name). We're very pleased with it. The joints really are impressive
for closeness of fit. I did our conservatory, which has the advantage of
being a complete rectangle with no pipes in the way. I took it steadily and
completed the job (15 sq m) in just under a day, including the edging.
"Fiddly bits" would undoubtedly add to the time. The whole lot cost rather
less than £400 including edging and the special tool (which is to be
recommended). You'll need a good saw for the crosscuts and possibly a mitre
saw/block to cut the edge trim in the corners.

Check the price for all you need, not just the £/m2 price, the edging can be
very expensive. There are instructions (and even videos) online on the
QuickStep site which you can check in advance...

--
Mark
Please remove nospam | The only people who know what the future holds