Donald Gares

Default Heat pump v/s Central Air unit

CBHvac wrote:

"tflfb" wrote in message
If I were to replace my 10yr old central air unit with a heat pump,

am
I going to save anything in winter heating ( natural gas )bill's, takeing
into consideration there's no shortage of natural gas as they claim there

is
going to be.

No way of telling you since you didnt post your rates..

However

A heat pump, with a high enough rating, you can figure this..
For every dollar you spend of electricity to get heat, you get $1.25 in
heat..

With a gas unit, for ever dollar you spend on heat, just for the gas, not
taking into consideration, the electrical to run it, you get .090 cents or
less..

Did you mean $.90, $.09, or did you actually mean $.0009 as you stated?

Don
--
Donald Gares - Broker/Owner
Creative Farm and Home Realty