ThinkNotes

Default Adding a Phone Jack & Ensuring DSL Still Works

Hi All:

I would like to add a phone jack to my office but i want to make sure
that the DSL will still work there, as it does in the other rooms that
currently have phone jacks (i.e. those installed professionally by the
phone company).

If i dont want to spend $75 for getting a new jack installed, can i
simply plug some kind of a wire into an existing jack and get that
jack "extended" to another room, without losing any signal quality
(which might impact the DSL availability in the office)

Where does one go to get the stuff to install a phone jack oneself?
Radio Shack or is there a better place? I live in the San Francisco
Bay Area.

Thanks for your help,

Manju