zmike6

Default Vinyl Tile Mess

I'm NOT recommending the following, but when I lived in an apartment a
few years ago and they installed new vinyl tile, I came into the
apartment to find them dousing the floor with lighter fluid (a LOT of
it) to clean up the excess glue. Talk about a no-smoking situation.

On 29 Jun 2003 12:28:40 -0700, (Dawn) wrote:

My husband installed vinyl tiles in our basement utility room last
winter (glue-on tiles over concrete). The glue never dried, and has
been oozing out between the tiles since they were installed, and now
with summer and a bit of humidity, the tiles are sliding all over the
place. It's a real mess.

I suspect part of the problem may be that he didn't read directions
and didn't let the glue sit for the 90 minutes prior to laying the
tile.

At any rate, I've got a gluey-sticky mess that I need to clean up and
I really have no idea how to start.

I could pull up the tiles, but what do I use to clean up the sticky
glue?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.