BigWallop

Default wood laminate flooring

"ginger_neil" wrote in message
I'm looking at this now also - although I will be laying on chipboard
underfloor.
I have chosent o go for QuickStep 800 (harvest Oak to be precise). If you
shop round on the net you get it for about £15m2 - it retails for about

£25
in places like allied carpets. There's reason why you cant use htis range
too - just make sure you lay a damp-proof membrane between the underlay

and
the concrete
http://www.aspenflooring.co.uk/shop/...nk_8002424.htm

I Concur with everything said above. I couldn't have put it better me'self
as they say. :-))

"Daniel" wrote in message
om...
I wonder if anyone has any experience of wood laminate flooring.

We have a concrete floor, so 'proper' floorboards are out (without
putting batons in and stuff). We have been looking at the wood
laminates out there - some of which are very good and some very
expensive.

The typical ones seem to be 15mm thick, and for single plank are above
our budget. (Single plank is a particular bug-bear of mine as I think
the narrow strips look like laminate!).

However there is a Kahrs product which is only 7mm thick and is about
£22 a metre and looks really nice. As I understand it, the only
downside of this is longevity as you can't sand it down and re-oil.

Anyone any experience of these thinner products? Is it just false
economy? Or should I get over my aversion to 3 strip?

Daniel