Anthony Ewell

Default Will Washer Vibration Damage Floor?

Tim Fischer wrote:

My new washing machine spins three times faster than
my old unit. Very nice results. But, it does vibrate my
floor to a much greater extent than the old unit. My house
is ~13 years old (made in USA) and my floor is made of
plywood, ~1" thick. Has anyone ever heard of this greater
vibration damaging the floor? I plan on living in this
house for a lot of years!

Seems like I hear a news story about a washer spinning itself through the
floor and into the basement almost every day.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

My washer, dryer, water heater, and forced air heater are
all next each other in a big square. Is there a way to
reinforce the floor just under the laundry room? The crawl
space is about 2-1/2 foot from the ground to the bottom
of the floor. (I was thinking of a bigger water heater as
well.)

--Tony

--
I Fish. Therefore, I am.