N. Thornton

Default Very slow draining of bath, how to cure?

wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote:

If the old one was as bad, you might have grease in the pipework
making it worse (causetic soda and caution) or a mchanical partial
block (bendy springy thing)

I think it's more down to the simple lack of gradient.

Probably, but it also might be the two together. Slow draining water
is going to deposit grease much more. Might be worth a try anyway.

Finally pumped waste is simple enough, but AFAIK you'd have to either
make the sensor and control circuit yourself, or else just use a
manually operated switch for the pump, preferably a push switch with
built in timer, as used in communal hallways etc.

That could be the way to go, where does one get pumps, the only ones
I've seen are Saniflow ones which are too big for what I want, I want
a 40mm only pump.

Any DIY supplier will sell you a pump. Wickes do them for somewhere
round £30 IIRC. I wouldnt expect it to come with 40mm fittings though.

Regards, NT