y_p_w

Default mounting a bathroom mirror

"wayne" wrote in message et...
In a bathroom with naked bodies as well as moisture in it I would not trust
double sided tape or any other temporary plan. you could install a couple
of hooks and hang it from the ceiling.

If you can get to the back of the mirror you might want to tape it with
plastic tape of some kind so in the event it did fall off you would have
fewer shards of glass around!

What I had in mind wasn't an ordinary double-sided tape, but a special
adhesive designed to hold up bathroom mirrors. At least four squares
are needed for each pound of mirror weight. I looked at my bathroom
mirror (maybe 36"X48") this morning, and its weight is being held by
dozens of these adhesive squares in addition to four plastic mirror
clips.

The stuff is extremely tenacious, and from what I've read, rather
difficult to remove. Removal generally requires cutting with a wire,
or simply breaking the mirror. There's also a kind of specialty
mirror adhesive that comes in a cartridge for use in a caulk gun.

If it was a large mirror, I'd probably go for an adhesive along with
plastic or metal mirror supports. If it's small, an adhesive might
just work. If the original poster can't find this where he lives,
I'd be willing to trade a package for a picture postcard.