L Reid

Default Light Socket Wiring Query

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"L Reid" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

The Live (red) should be connected across the COM (common) terminals on

both
switches, then the Yellow should be connected to the L2 of one switch and
the Blue to L2 of the other. You shouldn't need anything else between

them.

Make sure you have the correct wiring configuration by touching the Blue

the Red, then touch the Yellow to the Red, and see which light fittings

they
each control.

I ended up wiring pretty much as above, but used the L1 terminals of each
switch for the yellow and blue rather than the L2 switch. Live accross both
COM terminals. I did this as L2 was connected to COM when the switch
appeared to be off, so connecting to L1 meant the switch looked like it was
on when the lights were on, if you follow me. No idea why they were wired in
the original arrangement though. I suspect the original owner got fed up
with trying random combinations to get things working.

Cheers!

Leigh