JTM

Default Can I use lag bolts to secure gutters?

"KenY" wrote in message
Every spring I have to pound in the long nails that hold the gutters
to the eaves. I'm wondering if it would be OK to replace the long
nails with lag bolts.

Is this advisable or practical? Are there any considerations that I'm
not seeing that would make this not safe?

My last gutter was installed with factory supplied square drive screws which
were essentially lag screws with a internal square drive head. I see no reason
you cannot use lag screws as long as you don't go over board with a diameter
that will split the fascia. The ones supplied with my gutter were approximately
3/16" in diameter.

Regards,

John