Dave

Default Why solder will not melt?

(ississauga) wrote in message . com...

I am using a propane torch to melt a recently made solder joint
holding together half inch copper plumbing pipes, but the solder won't
melt no matter how long I heat it for. I leaked out the water and
heated once till copper pipe turned red. Is there another way to melt
the solder ?

Pipe may be deformed. I had a real struggle with a small plumbing job
recently. My main trouble was water hiding in the pipes. Probably
worth having a MAPP gas torch for that. Also had a number of tiny
leaks even though I had cleaned and fluxed each joint. Is there
anything extra that can be done for better joints?