Art

Default 27" RCA TV reception problems and other stuff (F25281, CTC185AB9)

Prob is Jim: he had a "Friend" fubar the set and it needs more intensive
repairs. May want to read the initial post regarding the electronics
instructor bypassing the isolation circuits in the tuner area?/ Just the 35
cent RF connector will not suffice to repair this set.
"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Jon Guidry" wrote in message
om...
(David) wrote in message

. com...
You are one lucky dog. I have seen too many ctc185 short the hot
ground to ac/cable ground cause big time major problems.

It is a $7.00 connector from Thomson, and good soldering equipment is
all that is required.

We charge a minor repair labor rate of less than $40 IF we can get in
and out of the tv in under 15 minutes for that particular fix, plus a
few dollars for the shop consumables. Shop around.

David

For a local town of 95,000 we only have two shops. They both charge
$79 for onsite repair, and only one has a store front that charges
$64. They are only open 4 hours a day during regular work hours, and
make you wait 10 days for the drop off repair. I'm going to pay the
dude $79 to come on Monday so I don't have to haul this heavy thing
across town.

Funny, my home town had 35,000 people and five or six repair shops.

Why don't you just order the right part and slap it in there? It's really
not hard to do, it's just a matter of getting the part.