L. Fiar

Default TV tube, hissing, fizzling crackling noise, arcing.

"half_pint" wrote...

Well that may be a more compelling reason to get it fixed, or
dump it and get a new one. I doubt it is cost effective to have
someone repair it.
I would probably have replacedit were it not for the fact that
the shops I visited contained almost exclusively widescreen
sets (Which I detest). Maybe I will go for a large second
hand standard 'proper' TV.

How big do you want?
If you have a Co-Op near you, they seem to be selling TVs and combos at a
reasonable price. My local electrical stores cannot compete with Co-Op on
price.