Chris Guimbellot

Default Sony TV Flickers Forever After Being Turned On (Trinitron XBR)

Jerry,

Do you think its cost-effective to get it fixed? It is a 29" set and I think
its pretty cool.

Chris

"Jerry G." wrote in message
Most likely some parts in the power supply, and or the scan circuits that
have become thermo sensitive and are failing. Many times it is capacitors
that cause these types of faults. With proper troubleshooting, and doing

ESR
tests on the caps, the defective ones can be found, and then replaced.

If you are not properly trained in doing TV service, I would suggest you
give the set out for servicing.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Chris Guimbellot" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I have a Sony Trinitron XBR, probably over 10 years old. The sound is
great. The picture is okay too, when it finally comes on anyway. That
leads me to the problem. When I turn on the set, the volume comes on
immediately, but it takes a good two minutes for the picture to come
on. When it finally does, it flashes right off. Then it waits a minute
or so, then comes back on, only to go right back off. This flashing
repeats with the amount of time the picture is working becoming longer
while the time the screen is off becoming shorter. Eventually, after
almost an hour, it will quit blinking and be fine. That is, of course
until I turn it off again. If I leave it off for only a few minutes,
it will still have problems, but will not last as long as when its
"totally cold", around 10 minutes or so for it to work properly. I am
not much of an electrician. I was just kind of wondering what may be
wrong and if it may be worth fixing. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks,

Chris