Ken Weitzel

Default 27" RCA TV reception problems and other stuff (F25281, CTC185AB9)

Jason D. wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:40:00 -0500, "David"
wrote:

I am SURE there is significant more damage now.
I have seen the ctc185 become not practical to repair after this "dumb
ass","stupid idiot" type of "fix" done by someone who thinks they know
electronics. If upon inspection by a qualified technician, any of the
grounds inside the tv are found burnt, it is toast and not going to be
practical to repair. Seen it too many times on the ctc185 chassis.

It was a SIMPLE fix with the proper connector, equipment, and skills when
the connector was just loose.

David

Hmmm That's true. This is very unique for RCA to design CTC185 back
then. Now this design is not used anymore by RCA. RCA has chassis of
all kinds are currently used that partially isolates main power from
rest of chassis but techincally chassis is still "hot" but very local
to the SMPS hot side but not so destructive as CTC185 was.

Cheers,

Wizard

Not to mention that the "electronics instructor" at the
local community college would be far far better suited
to employment in the janitorial department.

Think if I were the OP I'd contact my lawyer and the
community college.

Ken