Default tv repair plan

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
news:A4yLc.73441$od7.57844@pd7tw3no...

Leonard G. Caillouet wrote:

How can it be robbery if shops have to charge those rates to keep the

doors
open? Can't figure your logic. You seem to understand the reality of

the
costs of doing business but are unwilling to pay for it. You are worse

than
the idiots that think we are getting rich.

Leonard

Hi...

A goodly part of that attitude is the legacy of
the "tube jockey" days... which some of you other
older folks may remember.

The rest is just evolution. I (the customer) don't
care a whit what it costs you to keep your shop open,
any more than you care what it costs me to keep mine
(were I not old and long retired).

The *only* consideration is the most cost effective
way to continue watching TV.

I could perhaps propose a solution. Your landfills
are filling at an incredible rate. Natural resources
are being consumed at an ever increasing pace.
Your dollars are (and indebtedness) are being
exported overseas so quickly that bankruptcy is
imminent. Your young people are losing more and
more career opportunities - a good education just
might get them a McJob.

I see on CNN (entertainment make believe news) that
your American jobs are being exported overseas by
the bucketful. Yet you same Americans for some
unexplicable reason trample each other in your
race to get sale-day bargains at Walmart (made in
China) electronics.

When I go and buy my grand daugher drinking boxes
of juice for her school lunch, I pay 2 cents extra
per box to the government for a "disposal?" fee.
When I buy a quart of oil, I pay an addition disposal
fee. The same for bottled soft drinks, and more.

So, my suggestion. Why doesn't your government charge
a *hefty* disposal (call it what you will) fee for
new electronics? And fridges, stoves, furnaces,
air conditioners, ad nauseum?

Use those extra funds to educate your youngsters.

It sure sounds logical to me.

Sorry for the rant. Hadda get it off my chest

Ken

I see your point, but the money would just go to support other countries
"first" rather than our own. We're too worried about others. Rather than
depending on China for "most everything", we need to become more self
reliant. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for good ole American products.
Most of the stuff anymore is pure junk, THAT is why the landfills are piling
up.

L.