Leonard G. Caillouet

Default tv repair plan

How can it be robbery if shops have to charge those rates to keep the doors
open? Can't figure your logic. You seem to understand the reality of the
costs of doing business but are unwilling to pay for it. You are worse than
the idiots that think we are getting rich.

Leonard

"Ken G." wrote in message
So a new tv costs 188$ and you can buy that but you cant afford 100$ to
get one fixed .. that never made sence to me .
However
100$ to get the vertical fixed is robbery it probably only needs 8$
worth of parts and 30 minutes of the repairmans time .. i have done
these many times .
I used to repair consumer electronics for a living but do other things
now but still repair the newer stuff that is bought as salvage where i
work .
I know the way most repair shops charged way to much to do simple
repairs . Unfortunately these days in order for the repair shops to keep
their doors open they must charge high because of the growing number of
non servicable electronics coming to them .
It sad but true . I still know a `service only` shop in town where we
take some of out high dollar stuff such as big screens and plasma ....
he charges the general public pretty stiff prices to fix simple vcr`s
for a cleaning .
Saying this makes most repair guys mad but its true .. My own brother
still has his own shop and has become so poor he has turned half his
shop into a gift shop of strange useless junk .

Replace the vertical chip and see if that works . You can probably get a
chip for around 10$ .