John Rumm

Default Spammed by Screwfix?

Huge wrote:

Rubbish. Spam is spam.

True - but there in resides the difficulty - as this thread illustrates,
many of us have slight variations in *our* definitions of spam...

Clasification of the obvious stuff (pils, enlargement/reduction of body
parts, phishing, hot young teens, 419 etc) is easy and most people agree.

Personally I don't class email from the likes of Screwfix or other
companies that I have an ongoing commercial relationship with as spam.
Obviously some people do.

(If I ask them to stop sending email - and they fail to do so after a
reasonable period - then I may class it as spam).

I suspect that if we could deal with the stuff that is universally
thought of as spam - the slightly grey area commercial email left would
be far less of an issue.

--
Cheers,

John.