Jason D.

Default tv repair plan

On 18 Jul 2004 02:22:05 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
wrote:
TVs you ought to consider: Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Toshiba (higher end models
only), Hitachi, Loewe, and Philips (higher end models only).

Brands to stay away from: Funai, Apex, KLH, Sylvania, Magnavox, RCA, GE,
Emerson, Orion, Norcent, Samsung, LG/GoldStar, Zenith, Sansui, Celera, Curtis
Mathes, Symphonic, and Konka. - Reinhart

JVC are excellent but mixed levels, need to know which models is the
best ones, you can get higher end JVC, and can find other JVC models
with medium end and low end designs are very common, takes some
hunting and asking questions. Even a flat CRT 20" JVC with either VCR
or DVD built in or without are sourced by Citizen (Jutan).

I agree with rest of to avoid list. But RCA and GE is one and same
and much better than rest of this junky things on that list but why
RCA (thomson) is NO good? We have good info and service manuals,
training materials from Thomson. I'm most successful with these
Thomson models because of this. The old days of CTC17x thing is way
back then and it's already done with but I still get occasional CTC17x
and CTC186/7 in for repair but are always successful on them.

Samsung is good on some types not all. Poor on design & serviceablity
particularly on Samsung's CRT projectors. DLP and their regular
CRT-based TVs is fine. Samsung is particularly good with computer
monitors especially in medium to high end monitors.

Konka is far and far away WORST. We got KONKA'ed by two so we won't
deal with it, told that clearly to my boss.

My comments and a quest for a great CRT TV picture that doesn't swells
up.

Take care that you find a TV that doesn't show a breathing or ones
that widens with brighter items or vertical items jaggies. I have yet
to see one in 25" and 27" that does have "ROCK STEADY" picture. Take
a look at those older RCA 13" series (based on TX826 chassis) uses
unique regulator design that knocks out 2 birds with a stone: Voltage
regulation, HV regulation therefore prevents breathing picture. That
is exactly what I want to find a modern CRT 25" or 27" with this
quality, even I have to special order particular model or find a
commerical is fine with me.

Know of them? I'm interested to know the models and brands of these.
Not Sony please, excessive cost of parts.

I have a bench JVC 27" (AV-27430) that says 105W on the back has awful
wigging out picture. All of this models based on this chassis shows
this same problem like my former emerson 13" does. Yuuk!! Current
RCA suffers from this with varying degrees but not totally gone even
some of them had stronger flyback and active pincushion. Later RCA
13" models (TX808 series) didn't have this nice unique design, baesd
on conventional deflection design and picture quality does suffered.

Cheers,

Wizard